Pinnacle does not offer stand-alone investment advisory services because it is our core belief that no client should invest their money, or have anyone else invest it for them, without first having determined the following, all of which are addressed in a financial plan:
- Psychological tolerance for risk
- Financial need to take risk
- Annual savings rate
- Required rate-of-return goal
- Retirement income goal
- Written Investment Policy Statement
- Written Asset Allocation Strategy
- Portfolio Rebalancing Strategy
- Need for tax-efficient portfolio management
Pinnacle’s Investment Process
Pinnacle offers Investment Advisory services with integrated multiple investment disciplines and administrative functions to provide a single, high quality source to meet your personal and financial goals as defined in your Financial Plan. Pinnacle’s philosophy is one of discipline, flexibility, responsibility and a high level of monitoring for risk and performance. Using the above investment information developed in your Financial Plan, we incorporate the following portfolio design process in your portfolio:
- We design a client-specific investment portfolio with both asset class and sub-asset class targets and target ranges, all of which are dictated by your Financial Plan.
- Once the portfolio’s asset allocation and sub-asset allocation strategies are established, our fiduciary responsibility shifts to recommending high quality specialist money managers and/or low-cost index strategies for your portfolio.
- Our fiduciary responsibility then shifts to monitoring your portfolio and the performance of each manager.
How Does Pinnacle Manage Client’s Money Managers?
As a fiduciary, Pinnacle believes that every money manager recommended by Pinnacle and employed by our clients to manage their investment portfolio must do the following:
- Go through a rigorous screening process to be hired and retained.
- Provide complete disclosure of every trade being made.
- Provide disclosure of internal expenses.
- Maintain the disciplined investment standards they had when they were hired.
- Perform above benchmark levels over a reasonable period of time (3 to 5 years).
Providing the above investment manager due diligence requires resources that few Advisors have. To address this due diligence deficiency, we utilize industry leading consultants that hire, monitor and fire our clients’ money managers. Below is a list of some of the specialty money managers our consultants have recommended that we use in our clients’ portfolios:
Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Blackrock Financial Management
UBS Global Asset Management
Wells Capital Management
Principal Global Investors
Fidelity Pensions Management
Lee Munder Investments
Nueberger Investment Management
Nuveen Asset Management, Inc.
DFA Dimensional Funds
JP Morgan Investment Management
Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO)
ING Investment Management
Legg Mason Capital Management
LSV Asset Management
Janus Capital Management, LLC
McDonnell Investment Management
Acadian Asset Management, Inc.
Manning & Napier
What are Pinnacle’s Investment Advisory Fees?
Client’s cost structure depends on portfolio size and is a percentage of assets being managed by Pinnacle. The fee will generally range between .60% and 1.0% depending on portfolio size. The larger the portfolio, the lower the cost.
Are my Investments Safe with Pinnacle?
Pinnacle is a non-custodial investment advisor and acts as a fiduciary under both state and federal law, just like your accountant or attorney. All your investments are held in accounts under your name with an approved nationally recognized custodian or a trust department, such as SEI Private Trust Company, Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade. Pinnacle downloads the investment data from your custodians each night, but does not have access to, or custody of, your investment assets.